Covington Independent Public Schools’ Nutrition Services and Transportation departments will partner to deliver meals to our students while they are learning remotely. The deliveries will be made three days a week beginning Wednesday, September 9. To receive meals, parents/guardians must complete the Google form at the link below by September 4. By completing this form, you are opting to receive meal deliveries of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. We ask that families complete a form for each child that you are requesting meals for, even if the children reside in the same household.
In addition, meals will be available for all students enrolled in the district starting the first day of school, September 1. However, parents /guardians must pick up the meals from the Holmes Campus, 2500 Madison Avenue.
What to expect:
- Meals will be available for pick up in the back parking lot of Holmes High School, (corner of Eastern Avenue and Levassor Avenue), 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., September 1 – 4. Parents/guardians will need only to come to the site once, as meals will be provided for the entire week.
- Meals may vary based on grade due to the required meal patterns set by the USDA.
- Beginning Wednesday, September 9, meals will be delivered to households, if a designated adult or an age-appropriate student is available to meet the bus and receive the meals. A Nutrition Services staff member will ask for either the student’s name or lunch number before leaving the meals. The district cannot leave meals on doorsteps, driveways, or mailboxes.
- Forms must be submitted by 1 p.m., September 4 to receive meal deliveries.
- To minimize food waste, your child will be removed from the list after three unsuccessful attempts to deliver meals to the address provided.
This service will continue as long as 100% of our students are learning from home. We anticipate that buses will deliver meals between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. After the first few deliveries, families will have a better idea of what time to expect the deliveries.
Families may opt to participate in meal deliveries after the September 4 deadline. But please note, it will take a few days to process requests. For example, for a request received after 1 p.m. on Tuesday, students will begin receiving the meals on Friday.
Your participation in this program is greatly appreciated. Nutrition Services is dependent on federal funding that is directly linked to the number of meals served; therefore, we rely on the participation of all of our students to allow our program to thrive. Your participation ensures that the district can continue to serve all families in our schools. Thank you for supporting our department and allowing us to provide meals for our students.
If you should have questions or need assistance completing the form, please contact Taryn Stewart, Director of Nutrition Services, at (859)392-1028.